Well, here we go again! It’s time of year that we make all of those resolutions – the ones that usually get broken before the holiday decorations have been packed away. Not this year, though!
In 2012, and in no particular order, I firmly resolve to:
- Increase my use of the R statistical environment in my research and teaching, and foster “Reconometrics”.
- Become more familiar with the gretl package.
- Keep fighting against “Cookbook Econometrics“.
Try and be more tolerant of certain empirical economists who “re-discover” econometric results that are forty years old, without realizing it!Keep promoting an awareness of the history of econometrics.
- Attend all of the statistics seminars organized by our Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics. (No excuses!)
- Be better at keeping in touch with former grad. students.
Happy New Year!
© 2012, David E. Giles