I recently lost my documentation folder (oops), so I had to go online and retrieve the documentation files and tutorials that I find indispensible for working. I decided I’d save myself and everyone else the trouble by posting the list here. All of the files are available in PDF format.
- All R manuals
- Scilab documentation. Currently the “old” documentation is available in PDF format
- AMS-LaTeX. The amsmath and amscls packages, plus a guide to typesetting math (including the amslatex functionaity)
- ltxprimer. A very modern (uses common packages, tricks, etc.) tutorial on basic-to-intermediate LaTex (by the Indian TeX Users Group)
- Intro to Stata 8, by Svend Juul
- Matlab documentation. Basic guides + toolboxes. Click the topic you want and scroll down to find the PDF files
- gretl manual. This actually comes automatically when you install gretl, but it’s comprehensive and worth including