A nice short article on memory in R
There is a nice short article on memory issue in R at http://www.matthewckeller.com/html/memory.html. If you use R to process large data, you might find it helpful.
- checking how much memory an object is taking;
- the memory limit of 32-bit R and 64-bit R;
- package designed to store objects on hard drives rather than RAM;
- memory garbage collection with gc(); and
- some tips to reduce memory fragmentation.
Group on Linkedin: http://group2.rdatamining.com
Group on Google: http://group.rdatamining.com
To leave a comment
for the author, please follow the link and comment on his blog: RDataMining
offers daily e-mail updates
news and tutorials
on topics such as: visualization (ggplot2
), programming (RStudio
, Web Scraping
) statistics (regression
, time series
) and more...
If you got this far, why not subscribe for updates
from the site? Choose your flavor: e-mail
, or facebook