The problem was that I only had a point shapefile, so I googled a way to transform a shapefile into a ppp object (which is the point pattern object used by spatstat).
I found a method that involves the use of
as.ppp(X)to transform both
spatial points data framesinto
pppobjects. The problem is when I tested with my dataset I received an error and I was not able to perform the transformation.
So I decided to do it myself and I now want to share my two lines of code for doing it, maybe someone has has encountered the same problem and does not know how to solve it. Is this not the purpose of these blogs?
First of all, you need to create the window for the
ppp object, which I think it is like a bounding box. To do that you need to use the function
This functions takes 3 arguments:
Because I assumed you need to give
spatstat a sort of bounding box for your data, I imported a polygon shapefile with the border of my area for creating the window.
The code therefore looks like this:
border <- shapefile("Data/britain_UTM.shp")
window <- owin(xrange=c(bbox(border[1,1],bbox(border[1,2]),
Then I loaded my datafile (i.e. WindData) and used the window object to transform it into a point pattern object, like so:
WindData <- shapefile("Data/WindMeanSpeed.shp")
Now I can use all the functions available in
spatstat to explore my dataset.