The R-Podcast concludes its series on the Shiny Developer Conference with a jam-packed episode featuring two interviews with members of the RStudio team! In part one I have a panel discussion with JJ Allaire, Jeff Allen, and Hadley Wickham to get their impressions of the conference and some exciting new features in the latest version of the RStudio IDE. In part two I have an extended conversation with Joe Cheng to discuss the origins of Shiny, how the conference came together, and ideas for future enhancements of shiny. All of this and more on episode 18 of the R-Podcast!
Episode 18 Show Notes
- RStudio 0.98.878 Release Notes
- RStudio Addins documentation portal
- Modularizing Shiny app code article
- Shiny gadgets article
- htmlwidgets: Making widgets talk to each other!
- Joe’s htmlwidgets pull request with
- Crosstalk: Inter-htmlwidget communication (with and without Shiny)
- ShinyPod: Implementation of shiny modules by Ian Lyttle (great example of creating an R package out of modules)
- Leave a comment on this episode’s post
- Email the show:
- Use the R-Podcast contact page
- Leave a voicemail at