I recently presented about the mechanics of data visualization at the CLaRI Literacy Conference to a group of researchers, teachers and school administrators. The presentation is based on the work of Few (2012; 2009).
While the presentation itself is not about R directly, the slides were created by reports(Rinker, 2013)/slidify (Vaidyanathan, 2012) and most of the graphics were also created within R. I have included the following for your learning:
- YouTube Video of the presentation
- The presentation slides
- The .Rmd and .bib to create the presentation
Video of the Presentation
- Stephen Few, (2009) Now you see it: Simple visualization techniques for quantitative
- Stephen Few, (2012) Show me the numbers: Designing tables and graphs to enlighten.
- Tyler Rinker, (2013) reports: Package to asssist in report writing. http://github.com/trinker/reports
- R. Vaidyanathan, (2012) slidify: Generate reproducible html5 slides from R markdown. http://ramnathv.github.com/slidify/
You feedback is greatly appreciated! Please post comments below.