Part of the R course offering of BNOSAC which you can find at http://bnosac.be/images/bnosac/bnosac_courses_r.pdf, we offer several 2-day hands-on courses covering the use of text mining tools for the purpose of data analysis. It covers basic text handling, natural language engineering and statistical modelling on top of textual data.
Interested in upgrading your skills on text mining with R? Registering can be done for the following days.
2016: October 24-25: subscribe at https://lstat.kuleuven.be/training/coursedescriptions/text-mining-with-r
2016: November 14-15: subscribe at http://di-academy.com/event/text-mining-with-r/
2017: March 23-24: subscribe at https://lstat.kuleuven.be/training/coursedescriptions/text-mining-with-r
The following elements are covered in this course.
- Import of (structured) text data with focus on text encodings. Detection of language
- Cleaning of text data, regular expressions
- String distances
- Graphical displays of text data
- Natural language processing: stemming, parts-of-speech (POS) tagging, tokenization, lemmatisation, entity recognition
- Sentiment analysis
- Statistical topic detection modelling and visualisation (latent dirichlet allocation)
- Automatic classification using predictive modelling based on text data
- Visualisation of correlations & topics
- Word embeddings
- Document similarities & Text alignment
Hope to see you there.