I had a very weird issue when I tried to compile (install) certain R packages like “wordcloud”, “RSNNS” or “GOSemSim” (a Bioconductor package). The installation always ended with a compiling error at the end.
At first, I tried to solve the problem by finding anyone that had faced the same issue, so I Duck-Duck-go-it, Google-it and at least for me, I did not find anyone.
At the end, and which is the core of my post, I solved the problem by removing or commenting all my customizations in the /usr/lib/R/etc/Rprofile.site file (for example, loading libraries automatically).
In summary, using the default Rprofile.site worked for me.
I wrote this post to make a record of the issue, so maybe it would help someone to solve the same in the future.