- bitmap raster drawing;
- have maps as data backdrops.
- Polygons with holes:
- At present there is no way to tell when to actually show the plot. For example:
plot(x); lines(x). Should we display the plot after
- Better performance and useful for animations – (currently in R-dev).
Data size increases, but large RAM (>100GB) and CPU power is affordable. Visualization needs to keep up.
- Currently rendering is slow. Solutions: OpenGL + GPUs.
- Visualisation methods for large data
- interactivity (divide and conquer, shift of focus): use iPlots eXtreme (very nice demo of iplots!)
- sufficient statistics, aggregations, etc.
Note: lots of very nice demos, hence the lack of notes.