I’m very pleased to announce the release of qdap 0.2.1
This is the second installment of the qdap package available at CRAN. The qdap package automates many of the tasks associated with quantitative discourse analysis of transcripts containing discourse, including frequency counts of sentence types, words, sentence, turns of talk, syllable counts and other assorted analysis tasks. The package provides parsing tools for preparing transcript data. Many functions enable the user to aggregate data by any number of grouping variables providing analysis and seamless integration with other R packages that undertake higher level analysis and visualization of text.
Note: qdap is not compiled for Mac users. Installation instructions for Mac user or other OS users having difficulty installing qdap please click here.
Some of the changes in version 0.2.1 include:
* `gradient_cloud`: Binary gradient Word Cloud – A new plotting function
that plots and colors words for a binary variable based on which group of
the binary variable uses the term more frequently.
* `new_project`: A project template generating function designed to increase
efficiency and standardize work flow. The project comes with a .Rproj file
for easy use with RStudio as well as a .Rprofile that makes loading and sourcing
of packages, data and project functions. This function uses the reports package
to generate an extensive reports folder.
* `word_associate` colors the word cloud appropriately and deals with the error
caused by a grouping variable not containing any words from 1 or more of the
vectors of a list supplied to match string
* `trans.cloud` produced an error when expand.target was TRUE. This error has
* `termco` would eliminate > 1 columns matching an identical search.term found
in a second vector of match.list. termco now counts repeated terms multiple
* `cm_df.transcript` did not give the correct speaker labels (fixed).
For a complete list of changes see qdap’s NEWS