The R package oro.dicom contains data input/output functions for medical imaging data that conform to the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard, part of the Rigorous Analytics bundle.
The latest version of oro.dicom (0.3.3) contains a substantial number of updates:
- dicomInfo = readDICOMFile and dicomSeparate = readDICOM, but the old function calls still exist for now to smooth the transition.
- readDICOM now accepts a single file as input, creating the list-of-lists structure with one element in $hdr and $img.
- Modest speed improvements in readDICOMFile from a thorough use of Rprof().
- Added txtProgressBar() to readDICOM and dicomTable.
- Sub-routines used in readDICOM have been made private.
- Added default sform information to dicom2nifti.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Added “instance” input parameter to create4D so the user can decide whether or not to access the “InstanceNumber” DICOM header field for slice ordering.
Please use the mailing list at R-Forge or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.