The ability to collaborate and share resources and information across distributed, and often siloed, data science teams is a common goal for today’s managers and team leads. To maximise efficiencies, one centralised location that facilitates collaboration across projects is the ultimate aim for team success and best practice. Gone are multiple workflows, incomplete activity or locally held models and datasets meaning hours of wasted time and unreproducible efforts.
Collaboration is the key across Data Science teams
Mango’s team of consultants share these frustrations of in-house data science teams and in answer to this common business challenge Mango developed Modspace: a single repository that allows data science teams – modellers and analysts – to work with non-technical staff to streamline the collaboration process by creating a virtual workspace where teams can meet, work and prioritise deadlines.
A single computational environment accessible by all
Providing a single meeting point that integrates analytic development environments with traditional desktop applications, Modspace has the additional functionality of a powerful search engine to make this valuable information quickly accessible to all.
The result is the ability to manage complex tasks across a team ensuring projects with multiple needs and requirements are taken care of.
Mango Solutions’ Product Manager, Richard Kaye, believes ModSpace is the future of project collaboration: “It has often been said that data is the new oil. A company’s analytic IP – code and models that unlock the insight from their data – is a highly valuable asset. The management of this asset is of increasing importance as organisations embark on a journey to leverage their data to make more informed, data-driven decisions. ModSpace was specifically built to support this journey – offering controlled storage of information and powerful search facilities in a single computational environment accessible by all.”
A proven platform
ModSpace offers teams a centralised environment for your data science projects:
- A safe centralised repository for all file types, from scripts and datasets to MS Office documents
- An industry-leading text search engine powered by strong text parsing capabilities which helps team members find valuable resources efficiently
- The ability to categorise and describe projects and content using configurable metadata, thus enabling easy location of related and useful work
- A newsfeed to enhance visibility of project activity, along with public and private feedback channels
- Control over who has access to what, to keep sensitive information private
- Access to industry-standard transparent version control, which assists with compliance and integrity
- Compatibility with data analysis and modelling tools, such as R, Python, MATLAB, SAS and NONMEM, allowing users to interact easily with all files held in the repository
Richard continues, “Some of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies currently use ModSpace due to its flexibility to allow them to store everything in one place. Mango’s own Consultants use it as an internal repository – storing and collaborating on projects. It streamlines our processes and allows our teams to work on projects, no matter where they are, and without concern for having work overwritten or lost.”
For a product demonstration or a discussion about how ModSpace can help improve the way your data science team works powering innovation, collaboration and efficiency, call
The post ModSpace Collaboration Software for Data Science Teams appeared first on Mango Solutions.