Playing with GA data is much much easier now.
Last week biggest news was definitely Google making a Demo Google Analytics Account available to everyone. As the word “demo” says, the main purpose is demonstrating all the features and reports GA offers, and become a learning platform for analysts. But it´s actually real numbers! All the data available come from the Google Merchandise Store (which sells Google branded merchandise), so you can apply your favorite algorithm, find valuable insights from the data and show off your analytics skills to others.
Click on this link to access the GA Demo Account.
- If you already have a Google Analytics account, Google will add the demo account to it (then you can access it via the Home tab in Google Analytics).
- If you do not have a Google Analytics account, it will create one for you in association with your Google account (yes you need a Google account first) and add the demo account to it.
What can you do with the GA Demo Account?
- Enhanced Ecommerce
- Goals (there a couple set up) and Funnel
- Demographic & Interests reports
- Adwords integrated reports
- Search Console reports
- Site Search data
- Content Groupings
- Calculated metrics
- familiarize with the Admin interface and all the account/property/view features available (remember you will have just “Read & Analyze” rights you won´t be able to implement any change).
- dive into all the standard reports and study visitors flow throughout the website. Create your own segments, custom reports and dashboards.
- analyse conversions and shopping behavior (Enhanced Ecommerce section).
- if you are an educator, GA Partner or University teaching digital analytics, the GA Demo account will be your best friend in classes,
- you are a blogger like me, you might want real e-commerce data to build proof of concepts, dashboards, or perform powerful analysis.
…and if you are a R user?