This post will eventually grow to hold a wide list of books on statistics (e-books, pdf books and so on) that are available for free download. But for now we’ll start off with just one several books:
- The Elements of Statistical Learning written by Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani and Jerome Friedman. you can legally download a copy of the book in pdf format from the authors website! Direct download (First discovered on the “one R tip a day” blog)
- R related:
- Using R for Introductory Statistics by John Verzani Publisher: Chapman & Hall/CRC 2004 ISBN/ASIN: 1584884509 ISBN-13: 9781584884507 Number of pages: 114 Description: The author presents a self-contained treatment of statistical topics and the intricacies of the R software. The book treats exploratory data analysis with more attention than is typical, includes a chapter on simulation, and provides a unified approach to linear models. This text lays the foundation for further study and development in statistics using R. Download link
- R Graphics (Three chapters only) by Paul Murrell ISBN: 9781584884866 ISBN 10: 158488486X Publication Date: July 29, 2005 Number of Pages: 328 Description: Chapter 1: An Introduction to R Graphics Chapter 4: Trellis Graphics: The Lattice Package Chapter 5: The Grid Graphics Model Download link (see scripts and images here)
- Using R Download link
- R intro Download link
- Psychometric Theory with Applications in R by William Revelle (a work in progress) Download link
- A great long list of R related texts, for free download, can be found here.
* * *
Know of any more e-books freely available for download? Please write to us about them in the comments.