A new version, now at 0.0.4, of the drat package arrived on CRAN yesterday. Its name stands for drat R Archive Template, and it helps with easy-to-create and easy-to-use repositories for R packages, and is finding increasing by other projects.
Version 0.0.4 brings both new code and more documentation:
- support for binary repos on Windows and OS X thanks to Jan Schulz;
- new (still raw) helper functions
initRepo()to create a git-based repository, and
pruneRepo()to remove older versions of packages;
insertRepo()functions now uses
tryCatch()around git commands (with thanks to Carl Boettiger);
- when adding a file to a drat repo we ensure that the repo path does not contains spaces (with thank to Stefan Bache);
- stress that file-based repos need a URL of the form
file:/some/pathwith one colon but not two slashes (also thanks to Stefan Bache);
- new Using Drat with Travis CI vignette thanks to Colin Gillespie;
- new Drat FAQ vignette;
- other fixes and extensions.