Thus, during the x-mas holidays I wrote up what I had in my mind, resulting in this preprint on the PeerJ PrePrints server, for you to comment on.
Yes, please go ahead, read it, try the package ("install.packages(pkgs=c("rrdf"))"), ask questions, and comment on the preprint. I anticipate to submit it to a peer-reviewed journal by the end of this month.
Along with the preprint, I updated the rrdf package (now at 2.0.2). These are the changes:
- added methods to read/write RDF from strings
- updated to Apache Jena 2.11 (yeah, I am hardly doing things from scratch)
- remote SPARQLing now skips Jena by default (add jena=TRUE to use it again)
- better conversion of SPARQL results to a matrix
- proper removal of language and types
- better handling of anonymous nodes
- also output variables (columns) if they have no data (thank to Alan Ruttenberg)
- fixed the output of supported formats in documentation and error messages
Vissoci, J. R. N. et al. A framework for reproducible, interactive research: Application to health and social sciences (2013). URL http://arxiv.org/abs/1304.5688.