Today we’re very pleased to announce a new version of RStudio (v0.98.932) which is available for download now. New features in this release include:
- A next generation implementation of R Markdown with a raft of new features including support for HTML, PDF, and Word output, many new options for customizing document appearance, and the ability to create presentations (Beamer or HTML5).
- Interactive Documents (Shiny meets R Markdown). Readers can now change the parameters underlying your analysis and see the results immediately. Interactive Documents make it easier than ever to use Shiny!
- Shareable notebooks from R scripts. Notebooks include all R code and generated output, and can be rendered in HTML, PDF, and Word formats.
- Enhanced debugging including support for the new R 3.1 debugging commands to step into function calls and finish the current loop or function.
- Various source editor enhancements including new syntax highlighting modes for XML, YAML, SQL, Python, and shell scripts. You can also execute Python and shell scripts directly from the editor using Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- Integrated tools for Shiny development including the ability to run applications within an IDE pane as well as Run/Reload applications with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Enter).
- A new devtools mode for package development (uses devtools for check, document, test, build, etc.)
- Contextual Git/SVN menu that enables quick access to per-file revision history and selection-aware View/Blame for projects hosted on GitHub.
- Fast lookup of shortcuts using the new keyboard shortcut quick-reference card (Alt+Shift+K)
We’ll be posting additional articles over the next few days that describe the new features in more depth. In the meantime we hope you download the new version and as always let us know how it’s working and what else you’d like to see.