iEvoBio 2011 Synopsis
We just wrapped up the 2011 iEvoBio meeting
. It was awesome! If you didn't go this year or last year, definitely think about going next year.
Here is a list of the cool projects that were discussed at the meeting (apologies if I left some out):
- Vistrails: workflow tool, awesome project by Claudio Silva
- Commplish: purpose is to use via API's, not with the web UI
- Phylopic: a database of life-form silouhettes, including an API for remote access, sweet!
- MappingLife: awesome geographic/etc data visualization interace on the web
- SuiteSMA: visualizating multiple alignments
- treeBASE: R interface to treebase, by Carl Boettiger
- VertNet: database for vertebrate natural history collections
- RevBayes: revamp of MrBayes, with GUI, etc.
- Phenoscape Knowledge Base
BiSciCol: biological science collections trackerOntogrator TNRS: taxonomic name resolution serviceBarcode of Life data systems, and remote accessMoorea Biocode ProjectMicrobial LTER's dataBirdVis: interactive bird data visualization (Claudio Silva in collaboration with Cornell Lab of Ornithology)Crowdlabs: I think the site is down right now, another project by Claudio SilvaPhycas: Bayesian phylogenetics, can you just call this from R?RIP MrBayes!!!! replaced by RevBayes (see 9 above)Slides of presentations will be at Slideshare (not all presentations up yet) A birds of a feather group I was involved in proposed an idea (TOL-o-matic) like Phylomatic, but of broader scope, for easy access and submission of trees, and perhaps even social (think just pushing a 'SHARE' button within PAUP, RevBayes, or other phylogenetics software)!
- Peter Midford lightning talk: talked about matching taxonomic and genetic data
To leave a comment
for the author, please follow the link and comment on his blog: Recology
offers daily e-mail updates
news and tutorials
on topics such as: visualization (ggplot2
), programming (RStudio
, Web Scraping
) statistics (regression
, time series
) and more...
If you got this far, why not subscribe for updates
from the site? Choose your flavor: e-mail
, or facebook